Key Account Manager - Retail and ISP Channel
Company Overview: Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind though our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Every day, we strive to uphold our brand values:
We care that everyone loves their Ooma experience.
We think big to innovate and revolutionize markets.
We create smarter solutions that uniquely deliver both superior experiences and superior value.
We embrace diversity of thought to make the best decisions.
We respect that problems are best solved by fact-based discussions and positive intent.
We choose to be a force for good in the world.
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
Summary: Ooma offers affordable Voip home and office phone services along with home security through all major retail outlets in the US and CA. The role of the Key Account Manager is to drive unit sales targets and establish and maintain relationships with both new and designated large retail customers, with the purpose of generating strategic growth for the company. The Key Account Manager will also be responsible for leading the charge on our ISP(Internet Service Provider) channel which will include business development, prospecting, contract negotiations, closing and managing the day to day needs of these partners, while providing a best-in-class customer experience.
- Build annual (reviewed quarterly) strategic sales plans for your key accounts. Growth strategies for each account is a requirement for this position. You will be accountable to identify the growth potential for each key account based on marketing plans, economic climate and seasonality.
- Plan and manage the full relationship between Ooma and assigned key accounts.
- Responsible for managing marketing spend, forecasting and reporting out to VP of Sales.
- Recruits new partners and leverages current partners to grow business. Interacts with partners and key decision makers to identify new opportunities to sell Ooma products and services at retail and within the ISP channel.
- Generate new ISP business opportunities to build our sales pipeline through both inbound and outbound efforts
- Document all activities with ISP partners in Salesforce, must be proficient in how to use this tool.
- Drive active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications, including working with Marketing on email blasts, fliers, follow up materials.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create new processes and refine existing processes through innovative thinking
- Identifies, engages, onboards, and qualifies ISP partners with new solutions to expand Ooma’s ISP Program.
- Uses a variety of strategies to convey the value of partnering with and selling Ooma.
- Identifies market opportunities, always having an ear to the ground to be able to propose new product or service opportunities to leadership.
- Participates in trade shows and industry events.
- Travel to meet with Key Accounts on a regular basis**Travel expectations are continuing to change due to the spread of the Coronavirus. Expectations and level of comfort to be reviewed with Manager.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate and empathize with all levels of customers – executives, external customers and engineers.
- Background with VOIP technology and terminology desired but not required
- Background in Retail, Ecomm or Product Distribution desired but not required
- Experience working with telecommunications and/or networking products desired but not required
- Highly organized and results oriented.
- College degree in business preferred or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years experience selling or managing products in Retail/Distribution industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective customer relationships
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written and listening
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience with a CRM system (Salesforce.com a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and rapport-building skills, glass-half-full mentality, natural leader
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively lead client meetings and presentations
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Track record of excellence across strategic, operational, and detail-demanding functional responsibilities
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- 401k Match
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays